Mission Statement:Our Mission is to encourage, educate, and release every child's full potential ~spiritual, academic, social, and physical~ so that they might shape the future as they bless, influence, and lead.
Statement of Faith:This short statement is more than a creed it is a celebration of new life given by God that we cherish and live to make known to others. Our faith defines us and our faith inspires us. This school is both our response and our expression of this life in Christ that has become for us our one holy passion.
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.
We believe in Jesus Christ!
We received Him as our Savior;
We worship Him as Lord; and
We await His promised return.
We worship Him with many titles because no single attribution is sufficient to describe His presence, power, promise, and personality. Therefore we call Him:
Savior and Lord
Son of God and Son of Man
Lamb of God and Good Shepherd
King of Kings and Prince of Peace
Our Ransom and Redeemer
Healer and Deliverer
Suffering Servant and Mighty God.
We recognize that Jesus exceeds our attempts to describe Him because while He was simply a man He was also nothing less than wholly God. This most wonderful of mysteries is not intended to confuse us; it is intended to compel us to bow before an awesome God who would cross the frontier of our sin and brokenness to reconcile, redeem, and restore us to Himself.
In Jesus we see the Creator who has become a Creature
The One in whom all things hold together and
The One by Whom and for Whom we were made.
In Jesus we behold the face of God and learn that God is a Father
Who freely gives up His one and only Son so that
He might adopt and endow countless more as His own children.
In Jesus we recognize that all the promises of God find their fulfillment in Him.
Therefore we regard the Bible, the written Word, to be the completely trustworthy
testimony, without error, to the Living Word, Jesus.
In Jesus we witness the power of God
That stills the wind
That heals the sick
That breaks down strongholds of evil
That delivers the afflicted
Through Jesus we can enjoy lives filled, flooded, and baptized with the living water of the Holy
Spirit, given by the Father through the Son
to advocate, counsel, comfort, assure, anoint, empower, and gift
every life surrendered to Him.
Through Jesus, God assures and the Spirit testifies that we are His children in life, through death unto the forever life with Him that we long and live for.
Core ValuesListed below are the six Core Values that we are committed to uphold. These are deep-seated and persuasive standards that influence every aspect of our organization. They set the parameters for the hundreds of decisions we make every day. Hopefully, you will see these values communicated by our behavior, not just in our words.
Exalt the Lord - We recognize Jesus Christ as Lord of our school, the Word of God as our foundation to living, and prayer as communication with God. We provide a spiritually nurturing environment. We promote Godly morals and convictions.
• Weekly chapels • Monday Prayer Time on Playground • Weekly Memorization of the Word of God • Friday Patriotic Circle to Pray Our Troops and Our Government • Consistently Modeling Christian Characteristics • Spiritual Emphasis Week
Expand the Mind - We are committed to helping all our students learn. We ensure that each student, to the best of his or her ability, will master the knowledge and develop the skills and attitudes essential for success in school and society. We encourage building high expectations and achievement capabilities to improve student learning.
• Student Achievement in Meeting Academic Goals • SAT-10 Norm referenced, Standardized Testing
Enrich the Life - We are committed to shape the lives of our students by treating each individual with respect and dignity. We are unique individuals created in the image of God to live the fullest and most significant lives possible. We encourage trust in God, honesty in word and deed, kindness towards others and respect for authority.
Empower the Team - We are committed to the selection, development, and support of all staff members. Each team member is encouraged to value the uniqueness of others while seeking self-improvement through continuous learning, honest and effective communication, and participation in decision-making.
Encourage the Parent - We are committed to promote student learning through partnering with parents. Our ministry is an extension of the parent’s God – given responsibility. We encourage parent involvement in each child's education by fostering shared responsibility among students, parents, and staff. We believe parents make a difference.
• Parent-Teacher Fellowship • Moms In Touch • Faith Community Fun-Fest Fundraiser Committee • Parent Volunteers
Escalate the Program - We are committed to improve the effectiveness of our school in all areas. Our focus is Excellence in Education. We consistently evaluate methods and programs that will help us progress toward that goal.
• Student Enrichment Opportunities • On Going School-Wide Improvement
Philosophy of EducationFaith Community School offers a Christ-centered elementary education program that employs traditional learning environments and values-based education. Our school intentionally builds faith, character, self-discipline, personal responsibility and compassion in our students by instructing them in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Faith Community's Christian education plan allows us the freedom to promote academic excellence while cultivating a Christian Worldview foundation for our students. We endeavor to teach according to what God has said in the Bible about Himself, ourselves and the world.
We believe that an appropriate relationship between families, church, and school is crucial to Christian Education. The Bible states that it is the responsibility of the parents to train and teach a child. Faith Community School, as a ministry of Faith Community Church, is an extension of the educational process of the home. It is the school’s responsibility to teach and model skills in all areas of our students’ growth including spiritual, academic, social and physical. Staff members at Faith Community are committed to the basic principles of this philosophy and have demonstrated effectiveness in their abilities to communicate them.
Expected School Wide Learning ResultsJesus grew in wisdom, and stature, and in favor with God and men. Luke 2:52
Spiritual ~ favor with God
• know Jesus is Lord and be challenged to accept Him as their personal Savior • be empowered by the Holy Spirit to manifest spiritual fruits • understand and value biblical truth above worldly philosophies • know God's Word as essential to their lives • be equipped to articulate and defend their faith
Academic ~ wisdom
• apply critical thinking skills • build upon foundational knowledge to be equipped for life long learning • be challenged to excel above their grade levels in multiple subjects • become independent workers and thinkers • communicate effectively in both oral and written language
Physical ~ stature
• understand the importance of maintaining physical bodies, avoiding detrimental habits, recognizing that the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 3:16) • develop fine and gross motor skills according to their individual ability and readiness • be equipped to make healthy choices regarding physical fitness, personal hygiene, nutrition, and sexual purity • take responsibility to maintain a healthy body maximizing the total effectiveness of a person committed to serving God and mankind.
Social ~ favor with men
• use biblical principles to resolve conflicts • demonstrate obedience and proper respect for authority • abide by the golden rule; use Christ like standards when interacting with others • be accountable for their words and actions • be courteous and productive cooperative team members.