safeTALK is a half-day alertness training, created by LivingWorks, that prepares anyone ages 15 and older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
· Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present;
· Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked;
· Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide;
· Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe;
· Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help. Participants will receive a certificate of completion of safeTALK training.
Join us for safeTALK on October 27, 2018 in the Children’s Center (Room 219) from 8:30am to 12pm @ Faith Community Church 22285 Murray Ridge Rd, San Diego, CA 92123. The cost is $15. Childcare is available for a fee.
Learn how you can create a suicide safer community.
Space is limited so sign up today! Click here to register online.
For more information email: Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org