Welcome to Worship Ministries!
Who are we?
Worship Ministries is a team composed of instrumentalists, vocalists, sound, and a/v committed to expressing and responding to the vitality of God's presence among us when we gather for worship.
What is our goal?
We desire to present to God and to Faith Community the best that can bring. Therefore we devote ourselves to:
- mutual commitment to the expectations we share…
How can I participate as a vocalist/instrumentalist?
We welcome musicians of different styles and backgrounds. We hold auditions to assess the fit between one’s skill level/musical style and the current needs of the church. Participating in an audition, therefore, may not always mean that one will immediately be asked to join the current roster of teams. If you are not immediately asked to join a team, please know that this does NOT reflect a judgment on your love for Christ and your heart of service!!
How do I participate in sound and A/V?
You will be partnered with the current sound and A/V technicians to take part in training two Sundays a month during worship practice. Instructional materials will be provided, and additional training by current technicians outside of worship practice may be arranged if needed. When you are comfortable operating alone (usually between 1 and 3 months of training with current technicians, depending on prior experience), you may join the monthly roster.
How long must I attend FCC before I can participate?
We ask that you have worshipped with us for at least 1 month. We strongly urge you to attend a Welcome to Faith lunch once scheduled and that you strongly consider participating in a LifeGroup when registration for the next season is available.
Is there a minimum commitment to serving in Worship Ministry?
We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months because there is training involved if you are going to participate with Sound or A/V and the need to learn the songs we do if you are participating as an instrumentalist or vocalist.
What is expected of me if I choose to participate?
• Instrumentalists/Vocalists: attend worship practice at 8am on the Sundays that you serve.
• Sound: either set up sound on Saturday or prior to 8 AM worship practice on the Sundays you serve.
• A/V: attend worship practice at 8am on the Sundays that you serve.
• Attend FCC worship gatherings a minimum of 2xs/month whether you are participating on a Worship Team or not - vacations and job commitments are exempt.
• Embrace a lifestyle consistent with the vision and goals of FCC: to follow well, love well, and serve well.
• Participate in a monthly Worship Ministry Fellowship Night on the 1st Monday of the month (with occasional exceptions -- for example, we will meet on September 9 in honor of Labor Day!)
• Join the “Worship Team” group on The City (an online tool we use to extend and express the community experience at Faith Community) and set notifications e-mail to "everything" to make sure you receive all communications in a timely manner.
• Respond to all e-mails within 24 hours -- even if it is just to say: "Got it… will get back to you by ____________ ." Silence is NOT an acceptable response!
Please contact David Letaw firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in finding out more about Worship Ministries and how you might participate...